At the Global Property Guide (GPG) we collect different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it.
- If we have permission from the user, or where otherwise allowed by law, to market services to them.
- We do our very best to protect your privacy.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing by email only from us if you explicitly agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen, again only with your explicit agreement. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive marketing and you can change your preferences if you no longer want to receive it.
However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- We may also sell your data (or otherwise pass it on) to selected third parties who may use it to contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable method in relation to offers they feel might interest you. However, we will only do this if you have indicated an interest in the specific area that is being marketed, e.g., if you submit an inquiry about a particular property, the agent may contact you.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our site is accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our website can see anything you post on the website, for example, comments about an article.
We collect information on you if and when you register on GPG. Registration is not necessary unless you wish to view more than 8 pages. In that case we will ask for your name, email address and a password.
The registration process is primarily used by us as a second opportunity to offer you our newsletter, and to offer you advertising emails (primarily property listings/offers). Both the newsletter and the advertising emails are entirely optional, and if you do not accept to receive these, the details you have submitted will not be used except for internal data analysis purposes, and for granting you full access to the site.
After you have registered, but only with your explicit permission, if given by you at registration, or by you if you later change your preferences, we may send you emails we think may interest you.
Who we share data with
When you visit our sites or when you use our apps, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
When you visit the site, your geographic location, how you use it, information about the type of device you use, your Open Device Identification Number, date/time stamps for your visit, your unique device identifier, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, referring/exit pages, and clickstream data are all collected. We use this information to maintain and improve the performance of the Services.
As a user of our site you have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time. Extra requests (particularly repetitive) for data may result in a fee being charged to the user.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- As set out above, the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
Legal information and how to contact us
Under the General Data Protection Regulation the ‘data controller’ is an important function. For the global Property Guide and services provided through us, the Data Controller is The Global Property Guide, 4636 Arellano Street, Palanan, Makati City, Philippines.
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the data controller at the address shown above. Or, email [email protected] Complaints will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator.
Last Updated: February 25, 2023